Forklift Driver - Despatch
To perform all allocated duties in and around the Logistics area. Ensuring deliveries to all internal and external customers are met to the highest quality standards. Cover the Despatch Team Leader role as and when required to cover holidays and absence.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Despatch & Wash Area Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours of work: 4 on 4 off, 06:00-18:00hrs
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure correct scanning of all pallet FG stock in ‘real time’
- To load and unload vehicles
- Movement of stock to stores or to production areas.
- To ensure stock is located and rotated accordingly.
- To ensure effective communication at all times.
- Always ensure you adhere to company procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Always adhere to the ‘Broken Box’ procedure.
- To maintain accuracy in record keeping systems - both manual and computerised where applicable.
- To undertake Stock counts as and when required
- To support operator lead maintenance by reporting issues/faults to your line manager.
- To actively participate in improving your department by implementing 5S.
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a valid Forklift licence ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard
- Have experience of working in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Be able to pay close attention to detail and adhere to company procedures
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be flexible (holiday and absence cover across all shifts as necessary)