Forklift Driver - Intake
To perform allocated fork truck duties within the Intake department.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Intake Manager
- Salary: £10.58 per hour
- Hours of work: Days, 4 on 4 off, 06:00hrs-18:00hrs
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To scan all boxes to allocated location as per company policy and procedure, ensuring all boxes have relevant documentation attached.
- To ensure stock is located and rotated accordingly.
- Always adhere to the ‘Broken Box’ procedure.
- To support operator lead maintenance by reporting issues/faults to your line manager.
- To participate in daily performance briefings, bringing forward ideas for improvement.
- To actively participate in improving your department by implementing Lean techniques.
- Have the knowledge to set up the Dijkstra and Herbert Graders.
- To perform blue dye and quality checks when required.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a valid Forklift licence ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard
- Have experience of working in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Be able to pay close attention to detail and adhere to company procedures
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be flexible (holiday and absence cover across all shifts as necessary)