Senior Team Leader (Despatch)
Greenvale AP is one of the UK’s largest growers and packers of fresh potatoes, supplying some of the country’s largest retailers and processors from our 2 production facilities. Our Floods Ferry site based in March, is looking for a Senior Team Leader for its Despatch Department. This role includes ensuring safe practices at work, communicating with hauliers, colleagues and other departments to ensure order requirements are met.
- Location: March
- Reporting to: Despatch Manager
- Salary: £13.98 per hour
- Hours of work: 4 on 4 off, 1800-0600hrs
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensuring all orders for delivery/collection are executed correctly using the Company and customer systems
- Distributing workload to the Despatch team ensuring full utilisation
- Ensuring haulier departure times are met
- Liaising with the Planning Department regarding product availability
- Conducting daily Despatch briefings
- Full compliance with H&S processes and procedures
- Ensuring compliance and accuracy of paperwork
- Performing internal audits
- Carrying out timely handovers with colleagues
The ideal candidate will have experience of leading a team in a manufacturing environment and can demonstrate good attention to detail, safety awareness, decision making, prioritisation, communication and organisational skills. Knowledge of a despatch department would enable the applicant to more quickly understand the role, but is not essential. Due to the nature of the role, a valid forklift licence is required at an ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB standard.
If you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Hilton, HR Co-ordinator at [email protected] . If you would like further information on the role, please call 01354 672060.